The best summer school courses in the UK for international students
January 17, 2017
We recently posted 5 reasons you should consider an English summer school as an International Student but what kind of courses should you take over the summer? And where should you enrol?We highlight some of the best summer school courses that are available in the UK. And have tried to include a broad range of topics that would be suitable for a wide range of students.
- BPP University runs a summer course for business and law students that includes career guidance workshops, business and law simulation exercises and a range of social activities. Accommodation is provided and is included in the fee.
- The University of Leicester Summer School welcomes all students aged 18 and over to experience a range of excursions and social events. Self-catered accommodation is included in the tuition fee and the course usually runs in August.
- If you want to brush up on your English language skills, Focus Study Tours has two different courses available; English Only and English Plus. The price varies depending on which course you choose. English Only involves 15 hours per week of tailored English lessons. English Plus includes 15 hours per week of tailored English lessons and 15 hours of social activities and excursions. Accommodation is also provided.
- The world-renowned University of Cambridge has a Science Summer Programme for those who are studying science at university and wish to expand their education. You can also enrol if you just have an interest in the subject. The course includes practical sessions and visits, as well as evening talks.
- The Oxford College Summer School enables older teenagers, who are preparing to go to university, to build English skills whilst studying an academic subject. As well as developing advanced English language skills, you’ll learn academic writing skills and can prepare for any entrance tests that are required.
- The University of Cambridge also has a prestigious Literature Summer Programme for keen readers or those who are just beginning. The programme will give you an introduction to British literature as well as allowing you to improve your English reading and writing skills. The fee also includes a chance to live in one of the four historic Cambridge Colleges during the summer.
This is just a small sample of the kind of summer courses that are available to international students studying abroad. Or for those that wish to fill their summer with academic and social activities in between term time. For more information about how summer schools can benefits you, contact us at IEC Abroad today.