University of Plymouth,Drake Circus,Plymouth,Devon PL4 8AA,United Kingdom
The University of Plymouth is the UK’s top marine and ocean engineering university (ShanghaiRanking Global Academic Subject Ranking 2019). This is one of the ‘ Top 2 Modern UK Universities ‘ (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018), the Top 5 International University in the UK (WhatUni? Awards 2018).
Our student body represents more than 100 nations and we have a wide range of academic partnerships and research links around the world, which means that a degree with the University of Plymouth is truly international. The University of Plymouth is constantly reviewing and improving its facilities and has invested over £ 300 million in buildings and facilities, including a modern library (open 24/7), extra computing and learning facilities, a new Marine Station, a fitness / sports centre, a House Performing Arts Centre, a Health and Wellness Centre, and an extra teaching centre. In addition, the campus has its own cinema, performance theaters, studios and art galleries, as well as many cafés and bars.
Plymouth is a town on the south coast of England with a long history as a port and shipbuilding city, currently home to the largest naval base in Western Europe. Entertainment in the city center includes many clubs, pubs, restaurants and theaters, and the city’s coastal location makes it very popular for water sports, including summer surfing and boating.
- Philip Payton- Historian
- Heather Koldewey and David Sims- Marine Biologists
- Laura Anne Jones- Politician
- Darren Jones- MP for Bristol North West
- In 1973, the local football team of the town, Plymouth Argyle, played a friendly match against the Brazilian side Santos FC, one of the best clubs in the world at the time. Their line-up featured a world-famous player, Pelé. And given the Superstar's penalty, it was surprising that Plymouth Argyle won!
- Although it is now closed and in a state of disrepair, the historic New Palace Theater has a prestigious past. Over the years, she has seen acts such as Laurel and Hardy, and Charlie Chaplin performing on stage. A coup for a city outside of London and Manchester!