Planning to Study in Ireland?
Ireland Student Visa
Indian students planning to study in Ireland are required to obtain a visa prior to traveling. Details on visa types, eligibility requirements, the application process, and cost are available on the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) website. Click here There are two types of visas for students traveling to the Republic of Ireland.
Types of Republic of Ireland student visa
Short stay “C” Visa - for a study duration of up to 3 months.
Study Visa – to pursue a course of study for more than 3 months.
Republic of Ireland student visa requirements
The types of documents mandated by INIS are for satisfying the visa officer that the criteria for the required visa have been satisfied and that you have social, financial and family roots that would force you to return after the period of study. Some of the generally recommended evidence include-.
Some evidence you will need to provide includes:
- Evidence to prove that you have access to enough funds for the initial part of your studies in the Republic of Ireland (€7,000).
- In case annual fees are less than €6,000, receipts to show that the entire fee has been paid. In case annual fees are greater than €6,000, receipts to show that at least €6,000 of fees has been already paid.
- Evidence to prove that you have access to at least €7,000 per year for every year of your studies. This is in addition to the tuition fees
- Proof of private medical insurance
- Letter of acceptance from the university
- Evidence to prove academic qualification for the course.
- Proof that you are able to complete your chosen course in the English language. Scores from tests like IELTS, TOEFL, ETAPP, PTE, CELA to demonstrate your English proficiency.
A study visa can be applied for up to 3 months before your date of travel to Ireland. The process typically takes 8 weeks.
Republic of Ireland visa fees
The fees for processing Irish visas from India are as follows.
- Single entry visa fee: INR 5000
- Multi entry visa fee: INR 8300
In addition, VFS collects a service charge of Rs 1700 at the Visa Application Center for collecting documents, biometrics, etc.
Need Help with visa applications?
As a privileged student with IEC to guide you, your Visa application and processing would be easy. We inform you about all the latest rules, regulations laid by the embassy, the requirements related to the various document to be filed and the processing charges to be remitted. This makes you fully prepared in advance, aids plan your finances wisely and helps avoid the last-minute hassles
We provide you with the required evidence of proficiency in the English language. This would require you to appear for a qualifying test for communication and correspondence skills as we had specified in the earlier section. IEC we provide you the required training and help you acquire the qualifying skills.