Planning to Study in USA?
Scholarships to Study in USA for Indian Students
As the home to some of the best universities and study programs across the globe, United States actively seeks to attract the brightest talent. Given the premium associated with degrees from the US, the costs are also relatively higher. There are numerous scholarships and awards from different corporates, agencies and endowments for Indian students from India. These ensure that the truly meritorious students have access to funds required for joining programs of their choice anywhere in the US. Some of the leading scholarships for Indian students are listed below –
- Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship: This scholarship provides the students of University of Chicago Booth School of Business full-time MBA program with tuition supportupto $25000.
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to undergraduate students who plan to return to their home country to improve under-resourced, underserved communities. The costs covered are – full tuition, room and boarding expenses for one year. Other costs like mandatory health insurance, airline tickets, books and other sundry expenses are not covered.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship: is provided for undergraduate students and covers the entire tuition fees. The programs covered are in the College of Engineering, College of Architecture, Art and Planning, majors across colleges in physical sciences, biological sciences, other “hard” sciences and social sciences, the Applied Economics and Management major at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship: is awarded to pursue a master’s degree program in the fields of Conservation and museum studies, Arts and Culture Management including heritage, Environmental studies, Economics, Public Administration, International legal studies, International affairs, Higher education administration, Public Health, Urban and Regional planning, Women’s studies/Gender studies. This costs covered by this scholarship are as follows – a. J-1 visa support b. Round-trip economy class airfare c. Tuition fees, living expenses and related costs d. Accident and illness coverage
- InlaksShivdasani Foundation Scholarship: provides for full tuition fees, living expenses, on-way travel and health insurance for students pursuing master’s , M.Phil or PhD programs in subjects other than Engineering, Computer science, business studies, medicine, public health, fashion design, music, film and film animation.
- LSEF – UMass Scholarship: is available to selected students pursuing one of the following degrees in UMass a. MS in applied economics b. Masters in Public Policy c. MS in data analytics and computational social science
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship: provided to selected students working on any or Rotary’s causes.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program: is awarded to selected Indian students pursuing the two-year business management course from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
In addition to these, there are numerous scholarships and grants provided to international students in specific areas. Many Universities also provide scholarships and financial aid including partial and full fee waiver for meritorious students. The details for these can be obtained from the respective university websites.