Coventry University,Priory Street,Coventry,United Kingdom,CV1 5FB
Overview of Coventry University
Coventry University, a public research university in Coventry, England, comes with a long tradition as an education provider. It traces its history back to Coventry College of Design, founded in 1843. It became Lanchester Polytechnic when Coventry College of Art merged with Lanchester College of Technology and Rugby College of Engineering Technology. It became Coventry University after gaining university status in 1992.
Today, Coventry University ranking high in the list of top universities is a name to reckon with, offering undergraduate, postgraduate, research, continuous professional development and international course in a variety of areas.
Coventry University is affiliated to:
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- University Alliance and Universities UK.
The University has two campuses: one in Coventry and the other, from where it mostly operates, is in central London.
Coventry University Courses
- Continuous Professional Development
- International Programmes
Faculties and schools
Coventry University comprises four faculties, with each faculty having its own schools.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Design and Visual Arts, now part of the School of Art and Design
- School of Humanities
- Media now part of the School of Media and Performing Arts
- Performing Arts, now part of the School of Media and Performing Arts
- Industrial Design, now part of the School of Art and Design
Faculty of Business and Law
Coventry Business School
Coventry Law School
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
- Civil Engineering, Architecture and Building
- Geography, Environment and Disaster Management
- Mathematics and Physics
- Mechanical, Automotive and Manufacturing Engineering
- Aerospace, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Biomolecular and Sport Sciences
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Health Professions
- Nursing and Health Studies
- Psychology and Behavioural Sciences
- Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies
Coventry University Ranking
|Coventry University World Ranking|
|Times Higher Education or THE (2020)||601-800|
|Coventry University National Ranking|
|The Complete University Guide (2020)||53|
|The Guardian (2020)||13|
|The Times / Sunday Times (2020)||44|
|Teaching Excellence Framework||Gold|
|The Guardian 2015 rankings, subject wise|
|Building and Town and Country Planning||13|
|Design & Crafts||44|
|Drama & Dance||Gold|
|Film Production and Photography||1st|
|Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism||5th|
|Media & Film Studies||12th|
|Nursing and Midwifery||9th|
Coventry is located in the center of the United Kingdom and is renowned throughout the nation as the home of the British engine sector. Major regeneration has taken place in latest years as contemporary urban spaces are now seamlessly situated between medieval architecture and autonomous stores, pubs and bars. Coventry is ranked 39th best student town in the globe and is one of the only UK universities with a town center campus, meaning that learners are never far from shopping, culture and entertainment. Students who want to explore more of the UK are completely situated in Coventry, just 20 minutes from Birmingham and 1 hour from London. The historic cities of Warwick and Stratford-upon Avon are also nearby.
Student life at Coventry University revolves around The Hub, a nodal centre of student’s unions, clubs and the centre of supporting activities such as the more than 100 sports clubs and societies. Coventry University Student accommodation is provided by the university and by private companies such as Unite, Liberty Living and Derwent Living in partnership with the university. The university is also well-known for its patronage of sports; Coventry University is an entrant in Formula Student and won the 42nd place and an award for the most fuel-efficient car in 2011.
The university holds an annual public degree show which exhibits conceptual designs and performances by final-year undergraduate students of the Coventry School of Art and Design. The university has its own radio station.
- Nick Buckles, CEO of security firm G4S
- Andrea McLean, Television presenter
- Gerry McGovern, design director of Land Rover
- According to legend, St George, dragon slayer and the patron saint of England was born here in Coventry.
- Daimler founded Britain’s car industry in a disused cotton mill in Coventry.
- George Elliot, the author of Middlemarch, went to school in Coventry.
- You can trace the origin of the expression true blue to Coventry for it was here in the 14th century that the cotton dyed Coventry blue became fashionable and expensive.
We offer a free consultation to study in UK for indian students! Talk to our study abroad consultants today to apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and MBA courses anywhere in the UK.