College Road,Cranfield,MK43 0AL,United Kingdom
Overview of Cranfield University
One of the top universities in the UK, and known for its large facilities, academic expertise and unrivalled industry connections, Cranfield University, attracts elite students for postgraduate studies in a variety of engineering and management fields.
Cranfield University in the UK is a public university with very high research output and total student strength of 3049 of which two-thirds (2110) are international students.
The university has two campuses, the main at Cranfield and the other at Defense Academy of the United Kingdom at Shrivenham. The main campus boasts of its own semi-operational airport and aircraft that it uses for teaching and research.
Cranfield University enjoys strong business relationships with 1500 organisations, big and small, across the world and has close links with more than 130 universities in the Americas, Asia and Oceania, Europe, Middle East and Africa. The university’s business partners include Airbus, Rolls-Royce Group, Grant Thornton, BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Ford, BP, British Airways, PWC, Jacobs, Metro Bank, L’Oréal, Royal Dutch Shell, Jaguar Land Rover, Oracle Corporation, PepsiCo, and Unilever.
Cranfield University also collaborates with the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) on SUSS’s BEng Aerospace Systems
Cranfield University Courses
The academic schools of the Cranfield University are:
- The School of Aerospace
- Transport and Manufacturing, known as SATM, that comprises the original College of Aeronautics with a wide range of experimental research facilities for masters and doctoral students and commercial clients;
- The School of Water, Energy, Environment and Agrifood, known as SWEE
- The School of Management, known as SoM;
- Cranfield Defence and Security, known as CDS.
Cranfield University offers postgraduate and doctoral programmes in:
- Aeronautical engineering
- Agriculture and agri-food
- Automation and control systems
- Business and management
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Clean energy
- Computer sciences
- Cyber Security
- Design and innovation
- Ecology and sustainability
- Economics and finance
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Energy and power
- Environmental sciences
- Instruments and instrumentation
- Design and innovation
- International relations
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing engineering
- Materials sciences and engineering
- Mathematics and statistics
- Mechanical engineering
- Meteorology and atmospheric sciences
- Military sciences
- Plant and soil science
- Renewable energy
- Social sciences
- Systems sciences
- Transportation science and technology
- Water sciences
Cranfield University’s MBA courses are much sought after.
Cranfield University Ranking
|Cranfield University World Ranking|
As Cranfield University is an exclusively postgraduate institution, it is excluded from Times Higher Education or other world university rankings.
However, here are some key distinctions that Cranfield University is proud of:
Cranfield University is in the top 1% of institutions in the world for alumni who hold CEO positions at the world’s top companies according to the Centre for World University Rankings, 2017.
Cranfield University MBA programme was ranked 7th in the world and 1st in the UK.
Cranfield School of Management’s is ranked 80th in the world for Business and Economics by THE 2018.
Their educational portfolio is renowned for its relevance to business and industry as an exclusively postgraduate university. They are the largest UK provider of engineering master-level graduates and offer an MBA flagship, extensive customized executive education world-class, and professional development programs.Our work informs government policy and leads the way in the production, in partnership with industry, of cutting-edge new technologies and products.
Cranfield campus is located roughly 50 miles (80 km) north of central London and adjacent to the village of Cranfield, Bedfordshire. The closest major cities are Milton Keynes and Bedford, both of which are about 8 miles (13 km) away. Cambridge is about 48 km (30 miles) west of the city. Shrivenham is approximately 73 miles (117 km) west of London, adjacent to the village of Shrivenham, 7 miles (11 km) from the center of the nearest town, Swindon, and approximately 23 miles (37 km) from Oxford. Cranfield campus is located in the Cambridge – Milton Keynes –Oxford corridor, where there are plans to connect these towns and boost financial development. There are also plans for a tram system between Milton Keynes and Cranfield University, although this is still at an early point of planning.
The campuses provide accommodation and the facilities that include sports and fitness centres, aerobics studio, playgrounds, sports pitches and a number of tennis courts. Students can also avail themselves of the services of a wide range of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. Cranfield University accommodations are known for their variety and styles to suit different lifestyles of students. The range from halls of residence to studio and private apartments in the city.
- Sarah Willingham – British entrepreneur, investor and consumer champion.
- John Thomas McFarlane – British businessman
- Cranfield is the only university in the United Kingdom with its own airport and Aircraft Vehicle Design and Airport Planning and Management learners are given the chance for test flights to know the physics and technology of the aerospace vehicle design industry.
- Cranfield is situated in a quiet and peaceful environment – not something that fits everyone, but it means you're away from the chaos of the town!
We offer a free consultation to study in UK for indian students! Talk to our study abroad consultants today to apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and MBA courses anywhere in the UK.