Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University,50 Shakespeare Street,Nottingham,United Kingdom
Overview of Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a public research university located in Nottingham, England. It was founded as a new university from Trent Polytechnic (later Nottingham Polytechnic) in 1992. Its origins date back to 1843 with the establishment of the Nottingham Government School of Design, which still exists within the university. It is the 13th largest university in the United Kingdom (out of 167), with 29,370 students spread across four different campuses.
There are three campuses in the University of Nottingham Trent..Situated just north of Nottingham City Centre, the City Campus is home to Business and Management, Law, Social Sciences and Art & Design courses, Clifton Campus is home to Nottingham Schools of Arts and Humanities, Education and Science and Technology, while Brackenhurst is home to the College of Animal, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and maintains a dairy farm. Nottingham is about two hours by train from London, and students make up 10% of the population, giving the city a special student-friendly atmosphere. Living costs drop below the national average, making it an affordable place to live, and the city currently has one of the highest job creation rates in the UK. It is famous for its connection to the legend of Robin Hood and its tradition as a manufacturing center during the Industrial Revolution.
- Keith Albarn – Artist
- Matt Berry – Actor, writer and comedian
- Mark Crossley – broadcaster
- Shane Cullinan – composer
- Allegedly, in any case. Nottingham is home not only to one but also to three pubs that pretend to be the oldest drinking establishment in the nation: Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, The Bell Inn and Ye Olde Salutation Inn. With about 20 other government buildings in England granting themselves the name, it's difficult to understand which one has the most valid claim.
- The differences between colleges in the same city are quite prevalent, and the same is true of Nottingham Uni student and Nottingham Trent. Usually, they might be pleased to rub shoulders with each other in the city centre, but as quickly as Varsity comes, the heated insults fly dense and quick across the field. It's all in jesting, though, and a lot of learners get engaged in the contest. In specific, Varsity Ice Hockey is one of the largest and often sold-out activities on the college calendar.
We offer a free consultation to study in UK for indian students! Talk to our study abroad consultants today to apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and MBA courses anywhere in the UK.