Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University,Headington Campus,Oxford,OX3 0BP,United Kingdom
Overview of Oxford Brookes University
Located in the beautiful and historic city of Oxford, the Oxford Brookes University has a history dating back to 1865. The Oxford Brookes University is voted in among the UK’s top universities and also named the number 1 university in the U.K. for research. Adding another feather to its cap, 95% of the students from Oxford Brookes University are employed within 6 months of graduation or go in for further studies.
Oxford Brookes is a multicultural place to study, with at least 3,000 international students from different parts of the world making Oxford their homes. The university provides an exciting student experience, both academically and socially.
Oxford Brookes University Courses
The university offers 331 courses in the undergraduate, postgraduate streams. The departments are
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
- Oxford School of Business
Midwifery, Nursing, Law, Architecture, Hospitality Management, Sports, and Mathematics, to name a few courses that are popular at Oxford Brookes University.
The Oxford Brookes Global MBA is ranked 15th in the world and 4th in the UK
Oxford Brookes University Scholarships
The university provides a £2,000 scholarship for its international students. The eligible applicants will receive a mail after the confirmation of their scholarship.
To qualify for this scholarship, one must meet the following criteria
- International applicants must have a full -time degree in the undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
- Applicants must pay the full deposit of their tuition fees.
- The scholarship scheme will not apply to Pre-sessional programmes in the English language. Foundation courses like International Foundation Diploma and Foundation in Art and Design, Pre-Masters and certificate courses.
- This scholarship will not be provided to students who are sponsored
- The scholarship will be awarded as a discount to the students doing their second semester.
Oxford Brookes Ranking
- Qs Ranking 2020- 376
- The Complete University Guide – 51
- The Guardian 2020-33
- Times Higher Education 2020 -601-800
- U.S. News and World Reports 2020- 976
Oxford Brookes University Requirements
International students who come from a non- English-speaking background are required to meet the English language requirements to join the university. For students who want a 4 Tier Visa and who have an academic qualification that was taught in English then will need to do a UKVI approved test. Apart from the IELTS the university also accepts other test scores.
- IELTS: 6.0 with an overall of 6.0 in reading and writing and a 5.5 in listening and speaking
- PTE: an overall score of 51, with 51 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- TOEFL: with a total score of 72 with 18 in reading, 17 in writing, 17 in listening and 20 in speaking.
For those who do not meet the requirements, the university offers a pre-sessional English language course.
Oxford is ideally situated in the south of London, and it is easy to explore most of the tourist attraction sites including Bath and Brighton, Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford as well as London itself. It also has excellent transport links to other regional centres. Oxford has a large student population and a variety of shops, cafes, bars and other facilities.
Oxford Brookes provides an exciting student experience with a variety of events and societies, as well as an excellent student support system. As students, you can choose from over 100 societies to join right from hobbies to culture and politics to music and courses.
Apart from the societies, the university has a placement for its students. They help in creating C.V.’s for students or speak to their advisors. The university has collaborated with some of the best companies in the world for placements like Microsoft, IBM, BMW, K.P., Visa Mastercard, Sony Deloitte, Nestle, to name a few.
The university offers accommodation for all its students and the hall provides breakfast and an evening meal during semesters. Students can continue to use the university accommodation after completion of their first year. The university has around 18 halls catered for both students at the U.G and P.G level. The average accommodation fee £116.27 – £207.06 per week.
- The residence types are studio apartments which have 3 and 4 bedrooms that are shared.
- The student’s residence has facilities like electricity, heater and unlimited internet access all included in the rent
- The average rent is 294 to 850 pounds/month
- Oxford was the capital of England during the Civil War.
- The reason why Oxford was not bombed during World War II was that Hitler wanted to conquer England
- Blackwell's Bookshop is the largest in the entire world.
- Oxford has the first-ever coffee house in England
- The Tudor Great Hall in Christ Church College was the inspiration for the dining hall at Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series.
- Oxford is a great place to become an author and an actor too.