University of Bolton
University of Bolton,Deane Road,Bolton,BL3 5AB
Overview of University of Bolton
With a student body of about 11,000, you’re going to get the best of all worlds in Bolton. You’re going to be based on a modern, compact campus where no one feels anonymous and, with small teaching groups on a number of courses, you can be sure that you’re a name, not just a number. Over 30 Bolton University courses are professionally accredited, including the British Psychological Society and the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Bolton is also the UK’s leading institution in catering for students with disabilities of all kinds.
Bolton is one of the largest cities in the United Kingdom, and the University is right in the middle of it. The city has a rich cultural and industrial history, while the West Pennine Moors area is only two miles from the campus and provides some of the most scenic views in the world. Liverpool and Manchester are both just a short train ride away. Manchester Airport provides a direct train service from the University of Bolton.
- Sam Allardyce – English Football Manager
- Chris Eagles-English Football Player
- Ann Cryer-British Politician
- Bilal Zafar- Comedian
- Bolton boasts one of the oldest pubs in the country called ' The Man and Scythe '
- There are many theories about the name Bolton and how it came to be, but the one that seems to have the strongest meaning is that the name derives from its ' bowl town ' condition.