University of South Wales
University of South Wales,Pontypridd,Wales, UK,CF37 1DL
Overview of University of South Wales
A relatively new university, the University of South Wales was formed on April 11, 2013, with the merger of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales. Though young and new, it is one of the largest universities in the UK in terms of student enrolment. The website of the university claims that 95% of its graduating students are either employed or in further studies. The university has campuses in Cardiff, Newport, Pontypridd and Dubai. What makes the university special is its connections with the industries and major employers. With a focus on students to improve their personal and professional skills, the university has become a major destination for international students. The University of South Wales should not be confused with the University of New South Wales in Australia. University of South Wales review by students is good on an overall scale.
University of South Wales Acceptance Rate
University of South Wales acceptance rate is encouraging with 93% of its graduate in either jobs or further studies.
University of South Wales Courses
The University of South Wales study abroad students, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate, research-level programmes and foundation course, part-time study and short courses in about 200 courses through its four faculties:
- Faculty of Life Sciences and Education
- Faculty of Creative Industries
- Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
- Faculty of Business and Society.
Top University of South Wales courses include:
- Accounting & Finance
- Animation and Games
- Biological Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Business & Management
- Medical sciences
- Journalism and Media
University of South Wales Ranking
For those looking for the University of South Wales review, a look at the national and global ranking would help.
- Times Higher Education or THE (2020): 601-800
- The Complete University Guide (2020): 113
- The Guardian (2020): 98
- The Times / Sunday Times (2020): 115
The University of South Wales has campuses in South Wales, Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd, UK and Dubai, UAE. South Wales has a dynamic life in the city, arts, great restaurants, music festivals, award-winning beaches, outdoor recreation, heritage and beautiful countryside.
It’s a secure, accessible, and engaging study venue. At USW students enjoy the warm atmosphere. All the campuses are within easy reach by road , rail and air.
For international students on the University of South Wales study abroad programme, there is student accommodation on all three campuses. Besides social clubs and students’ unions, the campus also offers support services such as help with language requirements, visa processing and personal counselling for international students. University of South Wales reviews from students are good. University of South Wales student accommodation is rated good by students.
- Roger Cecil, painter, mixed media artist
- Carole Bromley, poet
- Asif Kapadia, film maker
- Harry Greene, television personality
- Felinfoel Brewery in South Wales, the oldest in Wales, was the first to sell beer in cans outside the United States in 1931.
- Wales has more castles per square kilometer than any other European country, with Caerphilly being the largest in Wales and the second largest in Europe behind Windsor. Sadly, many have been built as a way of controlling the citizens of Welsh.