University of Winchester
University of Winchester,Sparkford Road,Winchester,Hampshire,SO22 4NR
Overview of University of Winchester
Winchester University is a public research college based in Hampshire, England in Winchester. The university was founded in 1840, but was founded in 2005. Winchester University is an association of universities and universities in the United Kingdom, which is part of the Cathedrals Group (officially, the Council of Church Universities and Colleges or CCUC).
Winchester University is located in the scenic South Downs near the UK’s southern coast. Winchester, a cathedral city, achieved university status in 2008 and has at present enrolled about 7,500 students. Following the National Student Survey, for overall satisfaction, Winchester ranked fourth in England. American Studies, Archeology, Business Management, Choreography and Dance, Digital Media Design, Digital Media Development, Early Childhood Education, Event Management, Health Community, History and the Medieval World, History and the Modern World, Media Production, Media Studies, Global Studies & Politics.
The University of Winchester campus is situated within walking distance of Winchester city centre, one hour from London. It is a historic cathedral town and was chosen by Alfred the Great as the capital of the Kingdom of Wessex. It is also steeped in the myth of Arthur, the castle of King Arthur’s famous Round Table. Today, the city has a strong cultural scene, particularly from a literary background. There are also numerous pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes, which contribute to a vibrant social scene each hour.
- Martin Bashir – television journalist
- Mike Bushell – BBC television journalist
- Claire Fuller – novelist
- Geoff Hampton – school principal
- You may have a chance to study Zombie Apocalypse at the University of Winchester.
- The oldest surviving hammer-beamed building in England remains in Winchester city. The Pilgrims ' Hall at The Cathedral Close dates back to 1310 and now serves as an assembly hall for boys at The Pilgrims ' College.