Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount St, Wichita, KS 67260, United States
Overview of Wichita State University
Wichita is the largest city in the state of Kansas, USA, and the university takes its name after the city—Wichita State University. If you are looking for a study abroad programme at Wichita State University or WSU, read on. Wichita State University student reviews are good.
A public research entity, at Wichita State University, you can select from any of the 60 undergraduate programmes in more than 200 areas of study. If you are into a master’s programme, you have a choice of 44 master’s programme in more than 100 areas of study. Subject range from audiology, chemistry through nursing practice and aerospace to computer science.
Overall, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate, online and certificate programmes through its nine schools and colleges.
Wichita State University acceptance rate
Wichita State University acceptance rate was 86.2% for the year 2016-17.
Wichita State Univesity reviews by students are good.
Wichita State University Faculties and Schools
Faculties and schools
- College of Applied Studies (formerly College of Education)
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health Professions
- Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honours College
- Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School
- Institute for Interdisciplinary Creativity
- W. Frank Barton School of Business
Wichita State University Ranking
|Wichita State University World Ranking|
|Times Higher Education or THE USA (2020)||> 600th|
|Wichita State University National Ranking|
|Top Performers on Social Mobility||303|
|According to the Social Mobility Index college rankings, Wichita State University was placed at the 52nd spot among the top colleges in 2014.|
- Dan and Frank Carney – co-founders of Pizza Hut
- Vivek Lall – CEO of Reliance industries
- Michael McClure – poet, playwright, songwriter, and novelist
- Shirley Knight – Oscar-nominated actress
- Sandiaga Uno, Lieutenant Governor of Jakarta, Indonesia
- Wichita, Kansas is Air Capital for its association with the aircraft manufacturing industry.
- The city has 33 museums and 80 parks and amusement facilities.
- It is known for its river festival called Wichita River Festival.
- And above, not to forget the McConnell Air-force Base Open House and Airshow.
Want to get a free consultation to choose the best university and courses to study in UK from India? Speak to our study abroad consultants today to apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and MBA courses anywhere in the UK.