Enquire Now

Student Visa to Study in Australia

Australia visa guidance
An Overseas Student Programme is operated by the Australian Government, allowing people who are not permanent residents to study there.
The visa you will need will depend on the level of course you are studying.
Types of Australia student visa
The main types of visa you might need to consider if you want to take an English Language course, undergraduate or graduate degree in Australia are as follows:
  • Subclass 570 - For those wishing to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
  • Subclass 573 - A visa for higher education leading to a bachelor or associate degree, graduate certificate or graduate diploma.
  • Subclass 574 - For those wishing to study a masters degree or a doctorate.
You can find more details on the visa application process on the Home Affairs government website.

Australia student visa requirements
You can apply for your study permit online from the Citizenship and Immigration Australia (CIC) website. An offline option is also available, but will take twice as long to process as an online application.

Some evidence you will need to provide includes:
  • Proof of your acceptance onto an approved course in Australia
  • Proof of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) if required
  • Evidence of AUS$20,290 per year for living expenses
Visa processing times can vary so you should apply in plenty of time. You can find estimates of the time you might have to wait here.

Australia visa fees
A Subclass 500 Student Visa currently costs around AU$575, but you should check the Home Affairs website to ensure the price hasn’t changed and also to check if you are exempt from the charge.
Latest Events
We use cookies and similar tech to improve our website, customize content and ads. By using our site, you agree to this use of browsing information by us and our service partners. Read our policy for details and opt out info. Find out more. OK