University of the West of Scotland
Technology Ave, Blantyre, Glasgow G72 0LH, United Kingdom
The University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s most innovative universities with over 120 years of history. UWS ranks Times Higher Education in the top 500 universities in its 2019 World University Rankings and the top 150 in Young University Rankings 2018. We’re proud to say that these positions demonstrate our second successive increase in THE rankings. The Times / The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 ranks us as the top 100 UK universities and the largest post-1992 university in Scotland. You will be ready to work as a UWS graduate and contribute locally and worldwide. At UWS, your learning and teaching experience will be student-centered, personalized and unique, preparing you for a rewarding future. Our state-of – the-art classes, practical expertise and smart teaching are concentrated on assisting you get ahead.
The University of West Scotland, formerly Paisley University, it has four campuses in the southwest of Scotland, Paisley, Blantyre, Dumfries and Ayr and a college in Londres, England.
- Vicki Adams, Team GB Curler
- Majid Haq, cricketer for Scottish Saltires
- James Prime, lecturer – keyboard player for Deacon Blue
- Mohammad Bagher Nobakht, Iranian Politician
- Paisley Gilmour Street is the fourth busiest station in Scotland with more than five million passengers per year-more than Haymarket, Aberdeen and Dundee.
- The University of the West of Scotland offers Scotland's only Master's degree in songwriting and production.