University of Westminster
309 Regent Street,London W1B 2HW,United Kingdom
The University of Westminster was founded in the first polytechnic of Britain and became a full university in 1992. It’s spread over four campuses, three of which are located in central London. More than 20,000 students from 150 countries are currently enrolled in a variety of programs ranging from undergraduate and postgraduate courses to tailored professional programs and short courses. Subjects maintain a strong vocational focus, with longer modules including work-based skills and integration into practical activities. Undergraduates are able to conduct research in the course of their degree, and the University has achieved fame for its media and fashion studies, both of which are rated as some of the best in the world. After celebrating its 175th anniversary in 2013, Westminster continues to invest heavily in all facilities, from housing to the restoration of one of Britain’s first cinemas on the Regent Campus.
Westminster University is split into four campuses, three of which are situated in central London and the fourth in Harrow. The closest metro station to the Harrow Campus is Northwick Park on the Metropolitan Line. Westminster University has a wide range of shops, cafes, bars and sports facilities on site, but London as a whole provides something for everyone. Theaters, museums, galleries, cinemas and restaurants are just a few of the cultural and leisure opportunities within easy reach. The buildings, like the House of Parliament and Big Ben, the BBC, London Eye, Tate Modern, British Library are just a short distance away from London sights. With a large student community of over 350,000 in the capital, there is a wide range of special student discounts, events and activities available throughout the city.
- Sir Alexander Fleming- Scottish biologist, physician, microbiologist, and pharmacologist.
- Roger Waters- English songwriter, singer, bassist, and composer.
- Christopher Bailey-President, and former chief creative officer of Burberry.
- Vivienne Westwood-British fashion designer and businesswoman.
- Exeter is the safest place to drive a car in England. It turns out that the roads here are as much as 50% safer than the roads in the rest of the country.
- Exeter is the safest place to drive a car in the UK. It turns out that the roads here are as much as 50% safer than the roads in the rest of the country.
- The oldest hotel in Britain is the Royal Clarence Hotel, which was built in 1769 and has sections that date back to the 1500's.