Enquire Now

Student Visa to Study in USA

USA visa guidance
Depending on where you’re from, the visa requirements for study in the USA can vary. However, all international students must apply for a visa in order to study in the USA regardless of their county or origin.
As you will need to apply to two separate government agencies to arrange your visa (the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security), it’s worth doing some research into what you might require well in advance of when you want to travel.
Types of USA student visa
F-1 Student Visa - You should apply for this visa if you want to study English at a language institute, or to study at an accredited U.S. college or university.
J-1 Exchange Visa - If you are participating in an exchange programme with either your high school or your university, this is the visa you'll need.
M-1 Student Visa - If you are looking to do vocational, non-academic, or training in the USA, then apply for this visa.

USA student visa requirements
You can find detailed information on the requirement and how to apply for your visa on the U.S. Department of State website.
Some evidence you will need to provide includes:
  • Details of how you will pay for all tuition fees, accommodation and living costs
  • Details of your academic preparation, including standardised test scores, diplomas etc.
  • Your passport, which will need to be valid for at least 6 months longer than the duration of your stay in the USA
  • Proof of your intention to leave the USA once your studies are complete
The earliest you can apply for your visa is 3 months before the start of your course. USA visa fees
The fee charged for your student visa is dependant upon your country of origin, you can check for the latest update on visa fees here.
Latest Events
We use cookies and similar tech to improve our website, customize content and ads. By using our site, you agree to this use of browsing information by us and our service partners. Read our policy for details and opt out info. Find out more. OK