Enquire Now

Student Visa to Study in UK

UK visa guidance
All international students, apart from Swiss nationals and those from the EU/EEA states are likely to require a visa in order to study in the UK. UK visas are currently managed by the UK Visas and Immigration, who have a comprehensive and easy to fo follow website which provides all the information you need to determine whether you’ll need a visa, and which one to apply for.
Types of UK student visa
Short term study visa -
Valid for up to 6 months, it can be extended up to 11 months for English language courses.
Short term study visa -
For students aged 4-17 who want to study at an independent school in the UK.
Tier 4 (general) student visa-
For students aged 16 and over.

UK student visa requirements
UK student visas are awarded on a points-based system. You’ll need to provide the following information in order to meet all of the requirements.
  • Passport details
  • A recent photograph
  • An unconditional offer of a place on a course by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor.
  • Proof of English language skills
  • Proof of financial support for the duration of your stay in the UK
  • You may also need an ATAS certificate to study certain subjects in the UK
You can read full guidance details on the application process here.The earliest you can apply for your visa is 3 months before the start of your course. It’s recommended that you check the estimated processing time for your country to ensure you leave enough time to apply.

UK visa fees
Short term study visa - £97 for a 6 month visa, £186 for an 11 month visa
Tier 4 (child) student visa - £348
Tier 4 (general) student visa - £348
As visa fees are subject to change, you can check the latest updates on costs here.
Latest Events
We use cookies and similar tech to improve our website, customize content and ads. By using our site, you agree to this use of browsing information by us and our service partners. Read our policy for details and opt out info. Find out more. OK