Bangor University,Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG
Bangor University was founded in 1884 and has a lengthy tradition of academic excellence and a powerful concentrate on the experience of students. Currently at the University about 10,000 students are studying with teaching employees based in fourteen academic schools. According to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, Bangor University is ranked among the top 40 in the UK for research.
The REF acknowledged that more than three quarters of Bangor’s study is either world-leading or outstanding globally, ahead of the UK universities average. The latest National Student Survey (NSS 2019) findings place Bangor among the top 10 student satisfaction universities in the UK. Bangor University offers students with a distinctive learning experience with over 400 distinct degree programs. Based in North Wales, Bangor City is an amazing setting to study in, with beautiful beaches, surf spots and all within easy reach of the glorious Snowdonia National Park.
Bangor is a unitary town in Gwynedd, northwest of Wales, and one of the UK’s smallest towns. It’s Wales ‘ oldest town. Historically in Caernarfonshire, at the 2011 census, it is a university town with a population of 18,808, including about 10,500 students at Bangor University and Pentir society.
It is one of only six locations in Wales classified as a town, although it is by population only the 25th largest urban area. 46.6% of the non-student resident population spoke Welsh at the 2001 census.
- Danny Boyle- Film Director and Producer (Academy Award Winner)
- Paul Bérenger- Former Prime Minister of Mauritius.
- Bill Fay- Singer, Musician and Recording artist
- Tim Haines- BBC producer
- John Ogwen- Actor
- Williams Parry- Poet
- Bangor University is located in Bangor's not - so-sleepy Welsh town. Bangor is definitely a student town with only 15,000 local inhabitants but more than 15,000 students.
- The University's announcement got over 800 likes and 350 shares on Facebook when Security Cat passed away and the RIP Security Cat website has nearly 2000 likes.
- Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg? Everything in the university, and I mean everything, is bilingual. If you want to put up a poster then it must be in Welsh and English; if you send a mass e-mail it has to be bilingual. Even everything you get from the University is bilingual, including the ceremony of graduation.
- When learners arrive, they are often told that for the 30,000 individuals (approx.), there are more than 50 pubs and three nightclubs. While this may not be completely precise, the sheer amount of pubs can definitely not be noticed. There are five pubs in a 200 m stretch of Holy Head Road alone. There's plenty of selection in Bangor, whether you want a Greek Taverna or an Irish Bar.