Cardiff Metropolitan University
Llandaff Campus, Western Avenue, Cardiff, CF5 2YB
Cardiff Metropolitan University (Welsh: Prifysgol Metropolitan Caerdydd), Cardiff (UWIC), Prifysgol Athrofâu Cymru, Caerdydd (PACC) is a university in Cardiff, Wales.. It works on two campuses: on Western Avenue, Llandaff and on Cyncoed Road, Cyncoed. The university has just under 11,000 learners in the academic year 2016/17. The university provides a range of fields for graduate courses. Study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, full-time and part-time, and opportunities for research are offered. There are a number of research and business centers at Cardiff Metropolitan University, including the Food Industry Centre, the Welsh Center for Tourism Research, and the National Center for Product Design and Development Research.
Cardiff Metropolitan University has three primary campuses: Cyncoed Campus, Howard Garden Campus and Llandaff Campus, all within 5 kilometers of downtown Cardiff. Cardiff is Wales ‘ capital town, about two hours by train south of London. Cardiff, one of Britain’s biggest towns, features the biggest concentration of palaces in any town in the globe, as well as striking modern architecture such as the Millennium Stadium and the Senedd. It also boasts a powerful cultural and nightlife scene. Outside the town, Wales is renowned for its rough landscape and castles, from the South Wales shoreline to the Brecon Beacons hills.
- Anjana Sukhani – Indian film actress
- Rory Joseph Burns – English cricketer who plays for Surrey.
- Sachin Yadav – Indian politician and member of Indian National Congress.
- In a city renowned for its rainy reputation, you might be shocked to learn that Cardiff has more sunlight hours than Milan in Italy!
- There are still three castles in Cardiff ; Cardiff Castle, built in the 12th century ; St Fagan's Castle, built in the 16th century ; and Castle Coch, built in the 11th century and rebuilt in the late 17th century.
- Although Cardiff is at one time the richest city in the world, it is still the smallest capital in Europe.