Coventry University,Priory Street,Coventry,United Kingdom,CV1 5FB
Founded as the Coventry School of Design in 1843 by entrepreneurs and industrialists and celebrating 175 years in 2018, Coventry University is a dynamic and outward-looking institution with a tradition of teaching excellence, impressive research and bold international partnerships.
Through Coventry’s global network of academic and industrial collaborators, the 50,000 students studying their degrees in different countries enjoy access to global opportunities that will enhance their job prospects. The university is internationally recognized for its expertise in health, peacebuilding and agroecology, and for its engineering and design graduates ‘ world-leading caliber – especially in the automotive sector.
Coventry is located in the center of the United Kingdom and is renowned throughout the nation as the home of the British engine sector. Major regeneration has taken place in latest years as contemporary urban spaces are now seamlessly situated between medieval architecture and autonomous stores, pubs and bars. Coventry is ranked 39th best student town in the globe and is one of the only UK universities with a town center campus, meaning that learners are never far from shopping, culture and entertainment. Students who want to explore more of the UK are completely situated in Coventry, just 20 minutes from Birmingham and 1 hour from London. The historic cities of Warwick and Stratford-upon Avon are also nearby.
- Louise Cook – British rally driver
- Emma McGann – British singer-songwriter, musician and online live-streamer
- David Borrow – British Labour Party politician
- The average pint cost in this year's Coventry pub is £ 2.15. The average cost of accommodation is £ 50 a week making it the third cheapest city in the UK for living costs.
- There are 35,000 students among Coventry's two universities with most of them living in the city center, giving it the feeling of being a quintessential university city.