Loughborough University,Epinal Way,Loughborough,Leicestershire LE11 3TU
Loughborough University is based on a superb 440-acre single-site campus in the core of the United Kingdom, with a global reputation for excellence in teaching and research, powerful connections with sector, and an unrivaled reputation for sport. Over 17,000 learners and employees from over 100 nations assist build an interesting campus atmosphere and a powerful sense of community.
Loughborough is presently ranked among the top 10 in all three domestic league tables and is globally known for its sport-related lessons and accomplishments. In 2013, the University received its seventh Queen’s Anniversary Award in recognition of its effect on economic growth through studies and abilities development in High Value Manufacturing. Quacquarelli Symonds also ranks the university five stars for excellence through the QS Star Scheme.
Loughborough is situated only 90 minutes away from London by rail, with the major cities of Nottingham and Leicester also nearby. Students have easy access to shopping, entertainment and leisure services, while Loughborough itself retains the charm of a small market town.
- Derek Abbott – physicist and electronic engineer
- Steve Backley– javelin thrower
- Daniel Bennett – Singaporean footballer
- Victoria Clarke, psychologist
- The town is home to five museums. The Charnwood Museum is known to be the main museum showcasing the past, trade, geology and natural history of Loughborough. If you want to learn the memorabilia of the First and Second World Wars, you need to visit the Carillon and War Memorial near Queens Park. The Bellfoundry Museum is the John Taylor & Co Bell Founders Museum. It's going to inform tourists about the bell that's being made in history.