University of Sunderland
The University of Sunderland, Edinburgh Building, City Campus, Chester Road, Sunderland, SR1 3SD
The University of Sunderland is an ambitious university with a broad global reach. We are internationally known for the quality of our teaching and research, and all of our research-active staff also teach, which means that you benefit from cutting-edge research at every stage of your degree. And it is truly cutting-edge research: we are proud that 10 fields of our studies are deemed ‘ world-leading ; ‘ according to the most latest Research Excellence Framework, which assesses the quality of study in all UK universities. The University is also rated Silver as part of the recent National Teaching Excellence Framework, which recognizes our accomplishments in employer commitment, professional practice, educational support and outstanding teaching. Sunderland is well known as the ‘ friendly university, ‘ and that’s because we really care about the well-being of all our students. Our task is to create sure you have the greatest possible university experience, so if you need any assistance while you’re with us, we’re going to do our utmost to assist you out. The North East of England has one of the most lovely and diverse landscapes in the United Kingdom. It’s not long before you travel from bustling urban areas to ancient forests and national parks. Sunderland itself is right on the dramatic North East coast, and there are miles of beautiful sandy beaches just a ten minute walk from the University. The North East is also one of the most inexpensive areas in the United Kingdom, helping to make life and study in Sunderland highly appealing. You will be encouraged to take appropriate placements with local, regional or national companies at the University of Sunderland. You will also have the opportunity to learn from visiting speakers and take master classes from industry experts. Come to the University of Sunderland and you will graduate with more than just an outstanding academic qualification: you will also graduate with enviable work opportunities and lifelong friends.
Sunderland University has three campuses: two in Sunderland and one in London for business, hospitality and nursing training. Sunderland is a town with a combination of Georgian, Edwardian and Victorian architecture and a short walk from miles of sandy beaches. As one of the largest cities in the North East, it has many large bars and nightclubs and is a regular stop visiting bands.
- Griselda Allan – English artist
- Mark Aslett – Public Company CEO
- Ortis Deley – English television presenter, radio DJ and actor.
- Andrew Zisserman – Computer Vision Researcher
- Having fun to live is one of the most important parts of your student experience. It's where you spend most of your time and meet people that you'll likely be friends with for the rest of your life. Fortunately, the Telegraph ranked Sunderland University student housing as one of the top ten in the country.
- If you're from anywhere else in the world, it's definitely not going to be the norm for £ 1 drinks and 3 trebles – that's three shots with your mixer. But there they are in Sunderland. And, in addition to being one of the most affordable cities for student accommodation, you can guarantee that nights out will also be accessible.
- First-years can apply for a travel pass or £ 500 off accommodation. Hundreds of pounds off your housing or the opportunity to travel across Tyne and Wear for free – it's a big dilemma. Almost any college would give you a deal somewhere near this great simply to become a student.