3 7 St SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 1J2, Canada
Cypress College exists for all students who can benefit from instruction. We strive to offer all students a pathway to their future. We are a community — one connected by the possibility of a brighter future for all. Our faculty teach because their purpose is to inspire. Our staff and administrators serve because they’re passionate about helping students succeed. Cypress College is a place where people say hello and the smiles are genuine. We are stewards of the collaborative environment created by our founding faculty. Buen Cypress is our acknowledgment of the honour to carry that tradition forward.
The campus, covering an area of 44 hectares (110 acres), was designed by architect Frank Lawyer of the Houston, Texas-based firm Caudill Rowlett Scott. It features several futuristic-looking buildings set around a central lake. The college is noteworthy in that it has never completely abandoned the style of buildings it was initially created with. The new library, which opened on January 30, 2006, still bears heavy resemblance to the school’s original buildings, though the use of concrete is de-emphasized in favour of glass.
- Captain Russ Bird – Navy Pilot, Retired
- Wayne T. Kistner – Attorney at Law
- Swen Nater – Retired ABA and NBA Basketball Player
- Curtis Sheetz – Founder and owner of Total Environmental Management, Inc.
- Canada is the most educated country in the world with over half of its residents having college degrees and the lowest temperature recorded in 1947 was -81.4 degrees Fahrenheit (-63 C).