ELS Educational Service, Inc. has 55 years of experience in preparing international students for university studies. For those interested in studying at this institution but who have not currently achieved the required TOEFL score, ELS offers you the opportunity to develop your language skills to the required level. In addition, we focus heavily on giving you the necessary study skills for
study at the university of your choice. ELS offers over 60 study locations across the USA, including a center nearby to this institution.
El Camino College (ECC), founded in 1947, is located in Torrance between Los Angeles and Orange counties on the beautiful Pacific coast of Southern California. Torrance is an important tourist and business destination. Freeways connect the city to any location in the metropolitan Los Angeles area and provide easy access to world famous cultural and entertainment facilities. ECC is a public community college serving 29,000 students. The 50-hectare campus includes beautifully landscaped lawns and 42 attractive buildings. ECC offers 85 associate degrees and certificate programs. It is in the top ten community colleges in transfers to University of California and California State University campuses. Many El Camino students take advantage of transfer agreements to complete Bachelor’s degrees at some of the finest colleges and universities in the United States. Local universities that welcome El Camino transfer students include UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC, Cal State Long Beach and many others. These and many other universities give full credit for courses completed at ECC. More than 40 student-run clubs, including an International Student Club, and sports such as U.S. soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, golf, martial arts and badminton, provide a variety of social and service opportunities. El Camino College is located within 10 minutes of Pacific coast beaches and Los Angeles International Airport. It is a 30-minute drive from Hollywood, Beverly Hills, downtown Los Angeles and Chinatown. Disneyland, Universal Studios and Pasadena are within an hour’s drive. Average Temperatures Low (winter): 50°F/10°C High (summer): 86°F/30°C
Although there is no on-campus housing, the College is within easy walking distance of many apartment buildings. The International Student Program will assist students in finding local housing upon their arrival. El Camino College provides a variety options including apartment locator service or homestay.
- More than 40 student groups and organizations including the International Club.
- Facilities include a 110,000 volume library, and Innovation Center with state-of-the-art computers, a student activity center, bookstore, swimming pool and sports courts.
- The College boasts an anthropology museum, art gallery, planetarium and the Marsee Auditorium which draws some of the finest entertainment in the world.
- Championship men’s and women’s sports programs are also available.\r\n
- Services to students include visa advising, college/university transfer assistance and preparation, orientation to the campus and community, academic assistance, personal counseling and support programs, career planning and preparation, tutoring services and health services.
The nearest ELS language centre is Santa Monica.