Lancaster University,Lancaster,United Kingdom,LA1 4YW
Located on a wonderful campus in NW England and offering students access to universities that are experts in their field, the University places great emphasis on a strong student experience and employability.
Lancaster is one of only a few universities that have a university system that has contributed to forging a strong sense of identity and loyalty and continues to characterize Lancaster’s student life. A thriving community of around 9 colleges comprises students from 100 countries and creates a cultural campus, in a place where towns, coasts and countryside are combined.
The university was initially based at St Leonard’s Gate in the city centre, before moving in 1968 to a 300-acre (120-hectare) campus in Bailrigg, 4 km (2.5 mi) south.
- W. Brian Arthur, Operational Research, 1967 – Economist
- Louis Barfe, Politics – Journalist
- Paula Brackston, MA Creative Writing – Writer
- Alfred Morris, Accounting and Finance
- You know it's like the Hunger Games out there at Lancaster University, especially during the end of the term time and the exam season. The level of desperation is always high for study seats. Who can blame them when the library is full of computers, laptops and all the books you need.
- You're not going to believe your own eyes once you get to this city with its own little town charm. And if you haven't been to the stunningly beautiful Lake District, you're missing out. Head down on a sunny day and enjoy the fresh air that is oh-so-rare in the surrounding big cities.