Saint Louis University
Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service. Guided by our enduring Jesuit mission, we offer our nearly 13,000 students a highly rigorous and deeply transformative education that helps them develop into bold, confident leaders. Rated among the nation’s top research universities, SLU boasts 16 graduate and undergraduate programs ranked among the top 50 in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Academically, ethics, spirituality, and compassion take center stage, while outside the classroom, members of the SLU community provide more than 1.6 million service hours each year — just one reason we’re among the nation’s top colleges for making an impact. In fact, more than 80 of SLU’s courses integrate service into academics.
Inspired by our pioneering history while firmly focused on a promising future, Saint Louis University continues to move forward with an unwavering commitment to serve a higher purpose while always seeking the greater good.
- David Merrick-Broadway producer.
- George Hardin Brown-medieval literature.
- Michael Bidwill-President, Arizona Cardinals.
- Ed Macauley-NBA Hall of Famer.
- Saint Louis University is one of the nation's oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities in the world.
- SLU was the first Jesuit university to receive the Award for Higher Education Achievement in Diversity.