As you consider your future, your hopes and dreams, consider Stetson University.
Founded in 1883, Stetson is the oldest and most prestigious private university in the state of Florida. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s first and most esteemed academic honor society, the university has an established tradition of academic excellence. Stetson University prepares students for existing and new challenges with broad knowledge and the unflagging fortitude necessary to serve future generations with compassion, significance, and respect. Students come to Stetson to gather the courage to declare, “I will build a better world!”
Stetson’s main campus is located in DeLand, Fla., recently named by CNN as one of “America’s best small towns.” Downtown offers vibrant outdoor and casual dining options, festivals, bookstores, a wide variety of retail shopping, a comedy club and a restored historic theater —all within a safe walking distance of campus.
Plus, it’s only 25 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and world-class beaches and 55 minutes from Disney®, Universal® and Orlando, with opportunities for valuable internships, shopping and fun.
Stetson University offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in four schools: The College of Arts and Sciences, The School of Music, The School of Business Administration and The College of Law. Stetson is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS). Our School of Music is accredited by NASM and the School of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB International. The Office of Career and Professional Development supports your journey from classroom to career. From career coaching to internships, applying to grad school to student-alumni networking, you have the support and resources needed to succeed. In fact, in 2015, 91% of Stetson graduates were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Total Enrollment: 4,330 (3,084 Undergraduate Students; 1,246 Graduate Students)
- Students come from 44 states, 3 U.S. territories, and 52 countries
- Locations: 4 (DeLand, Celebration, Tampa, and Gulfport)
- Student Organizations and Clubs: 112+
- Division I Sports: 18
- Club Sports: 19
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 13:1
- Average Class Size: 20
- Faculty that hold highest degree in field: 95%
- Graduate Programs: 18 in Business, Law, Education, Counseling, and Fine Arts
Stetson University again has earned national recognition for its rigorous academics; commitment to social mobility and service; and military friendliness by ranking among the top universities in recent national surveys.
- Top 5 Best Universities in the South, S. News and World Report
- Nation’s Best Business Administrative Schools, Princeton Review
- 1st in U.S. in Trial Advocacy, S. News and World Report
- Top 380 Universities, Princeton Review
- Nation’s Top Colleges, Forbes
- 7th Master’s Programs, Washington Monthly
- 7th Best Value Schools, S. News and World Report