University of Chester
University of Chester,Parkgate Road,Chester,CH1 4BJ
Chester University is a public university situated in Chester, England. The university originated as the first purpose-built teaching college in the United Kingdom. As a university, it now occupies a huge five campus locations in and around Chester, one in Warrington, and the University Center in Shrewsbury.
It provides a variety of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate classes, as well as scholarly study. The University achieved 85.87 per cent general satisfaction in the 2018 National Student Survey, which was 2.39 per cent above the sector-wide average.
The town of Chester is situated very close to Manchester and Liverpool and is one of the most beautiful and ‘ must see ‘ itineraries for every visitor. Every year more than 8 million people flock from all over the world to see one of the best preserved walled cities in Europe. It is a vibrant city that is as popular for its full range of shopping and dining choices as it is for its growing industries.
- Alan Bleasdale, screenwriter
- Jim Bowen, Bullseye presenter
- John Carleton, international rugby union player
- Helen Jones MP, politician
- Chester is an overwhelmingly female-dominated school, with women accounting for about 65 percent of the student body, and men accounting for just 35 percent of the student body.
- As a university campus, Chester's Student Union is at the forefront of the nightlife for all those who attend, and while it may not be the largest, they’ve had live music from up-and-coming artists like Rizzle Kicks, Lucy Rose (below) and DJ Kissy Sell Out!